These days, information technologies (IT) operational activities are still saddled with various traditional data storage systems to accommodate both structured and unstructured data. Not only costly and challenging to manage, but it also limits critical business data insight and complicates or hinders the data integration process.
With Private Cloud, you can combine all data services on a single platform that supports computing resources in enterprise organizations. This way you can eliminate the need to design and manage distinct data storage solutions or SILOs.
A Private Cloud is a single, flexible, and scalable storage pool. Accordingly, the supply and management process can be simplified while increasing capacity utilization.
To get to know Private Cloud, please read on Memperkuat Bisnis Anda dengan Private Cloud
In addition to providing virtual disk storage at the hypervisor layer, Private Cloud also provides data services to handle the various application and workload needs, such as:
- Display storage volumes as iSCSI (Internet Small Computer System Interface) disks to multiple VMs (Virtual Machines) and physical server devices. Workloads that require shared storage like Microsoft clustering and Oracle RAC are easy to deploy and manage.
- Create file shares from NFS (Network File System) and SMB (Server Message Block) protocols as part of a Private Cloud cluster to support VDI (Virtual Desktop Infrastructure) profiles, user directories, and other file sharing need, and eliminate separate NAS (Network-Attached Storage) system needs.
- Provide S3-compatible object storage that functions to store and archive unstructured data and to fulfill application needs with cloud-native capabilities.
*Some terminology or terms from the description above:
- Hypervisor or Virtual Machine Monitor VMM, also known as a virtualizer, is a type of emulator that can take the form of software, firmware, or computer hardware. Its function is to create and run virtual machines.
- ISCSI (Internet Small Computer System Interface) is a transport layer protocol that describes how data packets from the Small Computer System Interface (SCSI) are transported over a TCP/IP network.
- NFS or Network File System, is a data share on a network protocol for computers.
- SMB or Server Message Block, is a file sharing and other resources (such as printer devices) protocol over a local network.
- VDI (Virtual Desktop Infrastructure) is a computer technology to host a desktop environment on a central server.
- S3-compatible object storage is a storage media that uses Application Programming Interface or S3 API (Simple Storage Service) as its “language.” Apps with S3 API must be able to be applied in plug and play manner with S3 compatible storage.
- NAS (Network-Attached Storage) is a data storage device connected to a network and provides file access services to computer systems. NAS uses file access protocols such as NFS or CIFS.
- Cloud native is an application and service descriptor specifically created for cloud computing. It is also a method to create applications and services.
With a Private Cloud, data management will be more integrated so that it can activate and run new applications and services for business needs and reduce complexity and costs.
Nutanix offers an infrastructure that is easy to operate and scale. This infrastructure is also combined with consolidated data services, intelligent operation, automation, self-service, and is equipped with data protection. Network security and its.
For more detailed information, please see the video on ACS Group’s youtube ACS Group’s youtube “Improve Business with a Flexible and Dynamic Cloud“