In the manufacturing industry, the quality control process requires high-quality standards. Poor quality control will detrimentally affect operational and financial costs. Machine Vision with a Vision-Based Inspection System can be a quality control solution to reduce manual inspections, which can be time-consuming and prone to operational errors. By automating quality control processes, manufacturers can increase efficiency, reduce costs, and improve their reputation for producing high-quality products.
The latest research from Google Cloud shows that 76% of the manufacturing industry has shifted to digital enablers such as data and analytics, cloud, and AI. Some of the advantages of this Vision-Based Inspection System are as follows:
- Instructing the production system digitally so that it achieves the desired position. It helps in automating and streamlining the manufacturing process.
- Collecting data and improving efficiency in line production, picking, sorting packaging, and other applications.
- Information obtained by a Vision-Based Inspection System can identify problems on the production lines or other operations to improve workflow, stop inefficient processes, and identify unsatisfactory products
Comparing Quality Control with manual visuals, Automated Visual Inspection provides a broader advantages:
- Efficient: Observations and conclusions about an object can be made quickly and generate precise calculations.
- Reliable: This system can be programmed and customized according to needs, is not biased, and follows instructions without obstructions.
- Accurate: Able to measure object dimensions exactly according to standardization.
- Safety: Can be used as a substitute in conditions that could endanger humans.
Vision-Based Inspection Systems are based on industry operations, type, and size. Various industries like automotive, electronics, pharmaceuticals, F&B, packaging, and consumer goods use Machine Vision for inspection.
Also read about : The role of machine vision in industry to increase productivity
Vision-Based Inspection System Capability
Vision-Based Inspection Systems have numerous uses, which means that every manufacturer in any sector can utilize this technology to address specific problems related to product quality. Vision-Based Inspection Systems can be implemented across multiple production lines and configured to suit specific application and inspection requirements. Manufacturers can utilize the Vision-Based Inspection System for:
- Defect Detection
- Detect and analyze extensive defects, like cracks, damage, surface finish defects, measure dimensions, and more.
- Provides the necessary data to identify and classify defects accurately.
- Measure Dimensions
- Measure component and product dimensions.
- Analyze captured images using algorithms and calculate object dimensions.
- This method is very accurate and can be used to measure objects of various sizes.
- Quality Standards
- Automate product inspection for quality control purposes.
- Checking conformity with established product standards.
- Inspect products for quality checks at a much higher speed than human inspectors
- Product Counting
- Automate product counting using image processing techniques.
- Detect and count objects on the production line with precise accuracy.
- Track inventory levels and ensure products are counted correctly.
- Detect Tool Wear
- Detect tool wear in operations machines to maintain high product quality.
- Optimize machine parts detection in the manufacturing process, ensuring that productivity is maintained and costs are kept to a minimum.
- Package Integrity
- Inspect the packaging for defects, such as leaks, holes, missing components, and incorrect labeling.
- Ensure the package is intact and undamaged before it reaches the customer.
- Automate the inspection process and ensure only quality products are delivered.
- Increase customer satisfaction and reduce returns
Visual inspection has evolved from manual to automatic, especially for the Quality Control process. Humans are not designed to do repetitive tasks with low cognitive levels, so errors often occur in processes that rely heavily on manual inspection. Machine Vision Inspection System solutions can increase speed and accuracy in operational inspections. In addition, humans are freed from tedious and routine tasks, providing an opportunity to shift them to activities that require higher skills. Machine Vision has measurement, counting, locating, and decoding capabilities which are commonly used in manufacturing operations.
If you are looking for an easy-to-use and affordable way to complete complex tasks that range from simple object recognition image processing to advanced quality control ACS GROUP offers a Machine Vision Based Inspection System solution. For further information regarding the Machine Vision solution with the Vision Based Inspection System, you can contact +6221 4208221, Whatsapp +62 811-1944-534, Email email@example.com, or you can visit our website at www. acsgroup.co.id.
ACS GROUP (PT. AUTOJAYA IDETECH & PT. SOLUSI PERIFERAL), a professional company founded in 1992, has provided appropriate solutions for thousands of enterprises throughout Indonesia, both for AIDC solutions, IT Infrastructure, Enterprise Security Systems, and Enterprise Business Solutions. Our company has four branches, in Cikarang, Semarang, Surabaya, and Denpasar.